1. The Holy Scriptures
- We believe the Holy Scriptures to be the verbal, plenary inspired Word of God. Authoritative, inerrant, infallible, and God breathed in the original manuscripts. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Matthew 5:18)
2. The Godhead
- We believe in one Triune God, Creator and Sovereign of the universe, existing in three persons, The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Eternal in being, identical in essence, equal in power and glory and having the same attributes and perfections. (Deuteronomy 6:4, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
3. The Total Depravity of Man
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin, the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. Man, of himself, is totally unable to regain his former state. (Genesis 1:26, 3:1-24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12, Ephesians 2:12)
4. The Person and work of Christ
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and reconcile mankind to God. We believe that He lived a sinless life, died on the cross to pay for all sin and rose from the grave three days later to conquer death, providing the way of salvation for all people. (John 1:1, 14, 18, Luke 1:35, Romans 3:24-26, 9:24, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
5. The Personality of the Holy Spirit
- We believe that God, the Holy Spirit, convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He regenerates believers in Christ, baptizes them into the Church which is the body of Christ, indwells them permanently, seals them unto the day of redemption, bestows spiritual gifts upon each one and fills those yielded to Him. (John 15:26, 16:7-15, John 3:8, 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, John 14:16, Ephesians 4:30, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 5:18)
- We believe that God created sinless, spiritual beings known as angels. A great company of these angels serve God at His throne and minister to men, especially believers. Some angels fell, often called demons and are enemies of God and man. (Hebrews 1:14, Psalms 148:5, Matthew 25:41, 2 Peter 2:4)
- We believe that Satan sinned through pride and led a host of other angels in rebellion. Satan subsequently tempted our first parents to sin, leading to their fall. He is, today, the enemy of God and God’s people, and opposes their efforts at Godly worship and service. Although Satan was judged at the cross, he rules temporarily as the god of this world—as God allows. Ultimately Satan will be defeated and eternally condemned. (Ezekiel 28:11-19, Isaiah 14:12-17)
- We believe that salvation is a gift from God by grace and is received only by believing in Jesus Christ for eternal life. (Ephesians 2:8-9, John 1:12, John 3:16)
9. The Eternal Security of the Believer
- We believe that all who have believed in Jesus Christ for eternal life are kept secure in Christ forever. (Romans 8:1, 29-30, 38-39, John 10:27-30)
- We believe that, in Christ, every believer has a perfect standing before God in mortal life. However, our sinful nature remains. Thus, there is a progressive aspect to sanctification that comes as the believer is transformed into the likeness of Christ through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. (2 Peter 3:17-18, Galatians 5:16-17)
11. The Church
- We believe that the universal Church is the body and bride of Christ and is a spiritual organism made up of all believers. We believe the local Church is a voluntary assembly of believers united to honor God by proclaiming the gospel, edifying, and equipping believers, ministering to the Church and the world and providing worship and fellowship. (Ephesians 1:22-23 and 5:25-27, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Ephesians 4:11-16)
12. The Blessed Hope
- We believe the next prophetic event, the rapture, will be the coming of the Lord to receive the Church. Following the rapture, there will be a time period of 7 years, known as the Tribulation. After that Christ will return to earth to establish His millennial kingdom. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Revelation 20:2-7)
13. The Eternal State
- We believe that those who have believed in Jesus Christ for eternal life pass into His presence immediately at death or at His coming in the clouds. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, believers to eternal life with Jesus Christ and unbelievers to judgment with everlasting separation from the presence of the Lord. (Revelation 20:11-15, 1 Corinthians 15:40-58, 2 Corinthians 5:8, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
14. The Responsibility of Believers
- We accept the authority of the Scriptures over our lives. We seek to obey its commands and apply its principles as the Holy Spirit enables us. (Galatians 5:16, Philippians 4:9, Ephesians 5:18)
- We believe that Christians are commissioned by God to be His ambassadors, to be agents in reconciling the world to Him. Therefore, it is our responsibility to proclaim the gospel, teach the Scriptures and make disciples throughout the world. (Acts 1:8, 2 Corinthians 5:20, Matthew 28:18-20, Ephesians 4:11-16)
We believe God uses the believer’s prayer, time and wealth to accomplish His purposes on earth. It is both our privilege and our responsibility to invest all three wisely, generously and, at times, sacrificially as God enables us. (1 Corinthians 16:2, 2 Corinthians 8:3-5, 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18, Ephesians 5:15-16)
15. Church Ordinances
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper to be observed by all believers until His return. (Matthew 28:19, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
16. Doctrinal Summary
This Church believes and teaches the following:
- That the Bible is verbally inspired, the Word of God, inerrant in the original writings, and the absolute authority.
- That God exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That Man, in his natural state, is separated from God and in need of regeneration.
- That Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, born of a virgin, who became man without ceasing to be God and through His sacrificial death on the cross and His resurrection from the dead provided the way of salvation for all people.
- That God the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment and He indwells every believer.
- That Satan, a fallen angel, is active today as the enemy of God.
- That salvation is a gift from God received only by believing in Jesus Christ for eternal life and that all who believed in Jesus Christ for eternal life are kept secure in Him forever.
- That the local Church as a part of the universal body of Christ, is an assembly of believers united for Godly worship and training. All believers are responsible to live under the authority of the scriptures to proclaim the gospel and to support the work of the Church.
- That the Lord will return to receive the Church in the air and ultimately at His second coming establish His kingdom.
- That all people will be resurrected, the believers to continue eternal life with Christ and the unbelievers to eternal separation.